Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cami reprogram my microwave. Power was off. Can’t get micro…

Cami reprogram my microwave...

Cami reprogram my microwave. Power was off. Can’t get micro to work

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Model MMV 5208ww-1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ok b

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unpluged but not for few hrs. Will do that. Thanks

3/18/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Did you checked your outlet to make sure power is coming out of it? Your house power went off and came back on the it wouldn't power on after?

checked power I can get the time set ok After that it is scrambled
It ends up telling me to close door and continues telling me that. Also when door is closed lite is always on. I can have someone come to work on it if needed. Just wondering if it can be done or do I buy a new one

It sounds like the computer control board got shorted out when the power came back on. The part usually cost around $100. How old is the machine?

6 yrs old.

If someone comes out to do the repairs it may cost you around $300 total.. Just being honest, Sometimes you come out better just replacing it

Thank you

I hope I was a help to you and if you need anything else I will be here for you. I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me on here. Thanks and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician