Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Error code F 01 I had the washer going and forgot to put in…

Error code F 01...

Error code F 01 I had the washer going and forgot to put in soap. I tried to resart the washer and got this code.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2008 maytag Epic 2 Md MHWZ600TW01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Try to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I took all the clothes out of the washer and have unplugged and plugged it back in and the same code comes up.

3/18/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error means:

The pump driver fails to activate/One of the main relays is not working properly/ A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU occurred.

Below are the troubleshooting steps to take for this issue:

- First just try to reset the board by unplugging the washer for a few minutes then plug it back in and see if resets and allows you to start a new cycle if not then..

- Check for loose power outlet. A loose power plug in the wall can create line noise and issues. Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create line noise and cause this issue.

-Unplug washer or disconnect power. - Make sure that wire harness connections from the CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.

- Make sure all green wires (ground harness system) are not broken or detached.

- Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.

- Make sure all connectors are fully seated.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Check for power going to Central Control Unit (CCU) by listening for a click in the CCU when unit is plugged in washer or when reconnecting power.

If all the checks above are ok then replace the Central Control Unit.

The replacement control is listed below:

Washer Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10160260 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video that shows how to access and replace the Central Control Unit - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

It hasn't worked yet but working on it

Ya in most cases that error means the drain pump relay on the board has failed and the CCU has to be replaced, that is just from my experience in the field, so the troubleshooting steps probably will not work but its worth a shot.

Joel Swenson
It's not working so sounds like we need a new CCu... Thanks

You are welcome sorry for the bad news, thank you for the rating and for using JA!