Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore elite dishwasher shows an error code of f2e2 and…

My Kenmore elite dishwasher...

My Kenmore elite dishwasher shows an error code of f2e2 and does not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not presently

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Model # 66513969K017

Thank you

F2E2 is a bad interface control board on this model. The top display touch panel isn't communicating with the main board inside the door. You can flip the breaker off and open the door to start. Remove the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down. Find the wire plug going from the interface control to the main board and unplug it at the main board. If the connection looks corroded, clean it with a toothbrush. Try the dishwasher again and if it still acts up, you'll need to order and replace the interface control board which is about $120. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for interface control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is replacing the board something that my husband can do

Definitely, if he's handy. But again, it's not the main board---the main control board is something different. The interface board is the part along the top with the display and buttons and that is the part you're replacing.

Can you give me a part number

Sure, it was in that link I gave to you before, but the part number is *****

Thank you.

No problem and glad to help.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc