Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to reset my clock and the numbers don't change.

I am trying to...

I am trying to reset my clock and the numbers don't change. I believe the problem is the touchpad because when I used the fan recently I was unable to shut it off. I needed to press it over thirty times in all different areas of the control and finally (thankfully!) it shut off. How do I fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several months. The digits work so I have just not been using any of the other features

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I am a single woman and have no idea how to fix any of it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No everything else is okay but the fan, light, clock ---- those features do not function

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/18/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. It's definitely the touch pad that's bad on it. Do you plan on doing the repair yourself? I could look up the part if you would like? If so, please give me the model number.

What would replacing that part entail? Is it something I could do? Single woman, admittedly not very handy but I could do something simple. Model number JNM1541SM5SS
Is the call an additional charge? I am paying 31 already when I knew it was a touchpad.

I think they will charge you more

How much is a new touchpad?

15

on diagram

Microwave control panel

Parts #: WB07X11014

$ 61.19

In Stock

when I order it does it come with instructions to replace?
You can't talk me through it cause I don't have it yet. What do I need to remove to replace it?
Can you give me some instructions? typed or written? I thought that was purpose of the original fee? I'm not questioning you, rather the system here.

hold on, I'm going to see if I can find a video on it

Thanks so much!

https://youtu.be/6SYUXvH56Ug

it's not hard at all to replaced it. never doing it before should take you maybe a hour

that video shows you step by step on how to change it

the video explains it better than I could on an email on here :)

If you need anything else just let me know. I would be happy to help you.

I would deeply appreciate if you would rate me on here. Thanks

I definitely will rate you and thank you for your help. Now I just have to figure out how to save video for when I get part! Thanks again, if I run into trouble I'll ask for help.
One more question!! Is it hard to know where to put the wires back in? Is it color coded? I just watched video and looks like lot of reconnecting to do!

they have their own harness plug and wont fit anywhere else. You could take a picture of it before you unplug them just to be on the safe side. Trust me, you wont have any problems

Thanks so much Ray! Have a good day! I assume the "rate you" part will come up when we end this cause I can't find it on this screen

You should see it on your screen now

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Ok I see it, thank you