Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to replace the door latch on bravo xl dryer. Maytag MOD…

How to replace the...

How to replace the door latch on bravo xl dryer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag MOD MGDB850YG1 Type BSLA-NAT--1206006-EL20 SER M21602195

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I want to just remove the latch so we can use the machine until we can either find the part or get a repair person in to do it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag dryer. Please give me a moment to review your question. By the way, your Maytag dryer is made by Whirlpool.

Which side do you need to remove?

The part that is on the door

Ok, it is pressed into the door. You remove it by getting two putty knives (each on one side), then squeezing the door catch while at the same time - pushing it out. It may take a few tries, but that is the best way to get it out.. Would you like a source for the part as well?

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

No problem! Here you are:

http://a.co/ezcsxuV

Engineer-Tech