Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher wont stay on. get an E24 light on the panal.

Customer Question
Dishwasher wont stay on...

Dishwasher wont stay on. get an E24 light on the panal

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Is it major?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it. it did start but the red light went off and the machine stopped

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The error code e24 is usually a drain error code.

Sometimes these units throw up false errors and by killing the power / turning the breaker off for ten minutes and turning it back on will reset the board. This usually will fix the problem.

If you continue to keep getting this error first thing you need to do is check your drain make sure its draining properly. Make sure filters are not stopped up and the check valve which is usually white in color and located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall is in place.

If those things check out ok check your drain hose for kinks or clogs.The next thing to check would be the drain pump itself, when you press the cancel button can you here the pump running? If not you need to check for power to the drain pump there should be 120v.

If the pump checks out ok you need to check voltage to the water valve solenoid. If you have voltage to the water valve but water does not come into the machine and the screens are clear then you have a bad water valve. If there is no voltage to either of those parts when there should be then you have a bad control board.

If all the above checks out ok you will need to replace the motor as the brushes in the motor have worn out and are causing it to drag triggering this error.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.