Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The washer will start the cycle and then it stops with the…

The washer will start...

The washer will start the cycle and then it stops with the following displayed F 21

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

9000 series with steam

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does F 21 mean?

3/18/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your washer . Please give me a moment to review your question.

Please give me the model number found in the door frame.

MHWE950WW02

Ok, thanks. One moment while I look this up.

This is a very common problem. The first thing I would do is clean out the pump trap by unplugging the washer and removing the bottom front panel of the washer (screws at the bottom of panel) and unscrewing the trap (right in front right of the washer- it is part of the pump).

If you find anything in the pump trap, this is why you are getting an F21. Make sure you have a shop vac or plenty of towels handy. You may get lots of water. That should take care of it!

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

I will let you know if this works thank you

You're welcome!

Engineer-Tech