Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

60 inch dual fuel wolf. units is 2008 dbl convection oven…

Customer Question
60 inch dual fuel wolf...
60 inch dual fuel wolf. units is 2008 dbl convection oven electric. left oven is the problem the right oven works fine all the controls work on the knob like it is supposed to look but none of the elements heat up, the fans for the Convection don't spin either
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will wait though today then,cancel tommorow with a full refund please
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect a thermal fuse has opened.

May I please have your complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
its a 2008 DF606CG-LP
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 26 days ago

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

See the attached page. On the back of the oven is that number 14 thermal fuse. In the center is a reset button. Pressing that button will reset it and will likely allow it to heat again. The real panel from the back has to be removed to access that fuse.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok I will give it a try

You bet, keep me posted :)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no go the little red button was not popped out pushed it in hard as I could but its not popped

Do you have a meter to test it with?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I do but am I qualified to use it lol I will grab it

If you post the model number I can explain the settings! :)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
klein tools CL2000

The second position from OFF, the horseshoe symbol, set the meter there, Touch the leads together and the display should change to 0. If they do, touch each terminal on the fuse you found and it should do the same thing, go to 0. Does it?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
went to Zero

Hmm, so that fuse is good. The right oven works fine, getting plenty hot and cooking okay?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the right oven works fine
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the left oven every thing works just like it should other than nothing gets hot. in any position

So the L2 line that only is used for the second line for the elements is missing.

I am looking up the schematic now. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no idea what your talking about
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok

So on that model, all power goes to and is controlled by the oven control. It will need to be replaced if all wiring is intact, see link below. I would recommend you have that part professionally replaced. It is not real easy to access.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I need to replace the whole front control? I googled the item number and none came up and the supplier you posted says the part is out of stock
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 25 days ago

If the wiring is intact, yes, I believe that part will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
my wife just reminded me I replaced this once before already 3 years ago . Real great
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the part number you gave me doesn't come up with in a google search.

CAP has that control, available below. Not great performance for such a high end range!

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
15 grand total bs

Give me just one second, I am going to see if there may be a secondary fuse on this. I seem to recall a link on some of these but will need to check the service manual. It may take me a few minutes.

I am glad I looked, the original parts info is incorrect. This model uses a secondary power board, one for the left oven and one for the right oven. That is the board you need, not the one I originally sent you. The relay board is mounted under the cooktop and above the ovens.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

I am going to send you the service manual to aid you with replacing it.

The service manual is attached.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me spend the 400 bucks and,see Where it goes.,unfortunately you are probably right. I,will,close out tjis session once the unit is working and rate the experiance
Thanks,for,the help

No, that first control I sent is not the one you need. You need the relay board below.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I thought there is a test mode on this panel by pushing and holding two buttons ? are you aware of this?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
If you could respond to my last question please
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
please answer my last question please before I blow 400.00 maybe for nothing
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 22 days ago

Sorry, I was just notified of your last reply. Yes, in the service manual I sent you, see page 3-19 for the diagnostic cycle. However, it is only going to check inputs from sensors and energize the loads, so it is not really going to be helpful other than to measure the voltage at the elements, which you have already done.

Also, did you see the note I sent regarding the relay board being the part you need, not the display board??

CLICK HERE

31 Mar 2018, 4:20 PM

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Ok no I didnt see this the link I had the control board . so i will order this relay board instead

Yes, you may even be able to see a poor solder connection on the back at the relay marked L2 or DBL. It may save you some $$ to take a look and possibly resolder it :)

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
before I tear the oven apart where is this located behind the control panel?
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 21 days ago
The service manual I sent you shows how to access them. The relay boards are mounted under the top of the range, above the ovens.
Kelly, Appliance Technician