Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a reccuring. Problem with my bosch dryer model number…

Hi!i have a reccuring ...

Hi!i have a reccuring

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Problem with my bosch dryer model number WTG86401UC/01

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have been having this problem since the first days i bought this appliance,2 years ago almost

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends of the kind of solution,if it is something that easily can be replaced i will do it,if not i will need a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After 20 minutes of process it displays DR on the screen,that means i guess a problem with the drain

3/18/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When it flashes the DR it will also flash a 2 digit number after it as well. Do you know what the number is ***** flashing?

i will give you an answer in few minutes since the dryer is working now it will display again.Thank you

No worries thats fine.

DR 2:10

Sorry my fault didnt relise it was just a dryer only. Washers flash dr-- but dryers dont.

DR on the dryers only is a draining issue which you guessed right is a draining issue.

As its done it from day one then its not a blockage in there, Its either a faulty pump or the control board thats causing this. But if you are wanting to try and fix yourself then you need to remove the top and the left hand side panel.

There in the bottom left corner is the drian pump and float switch, You can and remove this and just check the float switch isnt sticking causing this fault.

But if still the same then its either the pump itself at fault of the control unit. As you say its almost 2 years old then this should still be under warrenty with Bosch still as they give 2 year warrenty on there appliances.

So get them out and im sure they can sort it from there for you.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you