Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

At 6:00 this morning electricity to some, but not all

At 6:00 this morning...

At 6:00 this morning electricity to some, but not all circuits in the house shut off mysteriously. This included our Whirlpool range Model #WFE51SOEW. We discovered that when one of the stove top burners was switched to ON this triggered other circuits in the house to activate....including the furnace. However the stove control then displayed "F9EO". When burner was turned off...other circuits in the house also shut off. Then, again on its own, all electricity throughout the house. However, though matters are seemingly rectified, the stove control panel still indicates F9EO.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Is this potentially dangerous even though all electrical connections in the house are now functioning normally?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but it is Sunday morning and our electrician is not on duty.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The range is 1 year & 2 months old. The model is WFE515SOEW ,,,serial #65212030

3/18/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool range. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Have you tried to turn the power off to the range for at least 3 minutes then back on? If not, please find the breaker (sometimes it is on the outide panel) and do so, and let me know what happens.

If this did not resolve the issue, please let me know. Otherwise -

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

I turned off the range at the circuit breaker, left it off 5 minutes and the control panel returned to normal upon switching back on.
Would the initial "fault" be within the range itself?? Or should I investigate further elsewhere ?
Many thanks

The range simply thought there was a wiring issue due to the power problem. It will likely not reoccur, If it does, then it may have damaged the control board, but I doubt it.

Engineer-Tech