Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a refrigerator that is less than 2 years old. It

Customer Question
I have a refrigerator...

I have a refrigerator that is less than 2 years old. It started making noise and the freezer wasn’t getting cold enough. The thermostat said the internal temp was -10. So I figured it was frozen around the thermostat. I emptied it and unplugged it to allow it to thaw overnight. Now it won’t cool at all. It sounds like the compressor is running, but it remains at 70 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

2 yrs old. Samsung. RF28K9380SR/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Nevermind. I’ll call someone faster than dealing with you.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Need help repairing a 2 yrs old. Samsung. RF28K9380SR/AA

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
2 yrs old. Samsung. RF28K9380SR/AA
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Are you able to access the compressor at the back?

If so then feel the compressor and see if its hot to touch and let me know.

It is hot. I pulled the cover on the inside and no part of the coils are cool.

Ok if the compressor is hot but theres no cooling in there then im afraid its a sealed system fault here.

Now its possibley a blockage inside the sealed system or the compressor itself at fault here.

Im afraid for this it isnt a diy fix as you will need a refrigeration tech in as they will need to put there gauges on the pipe work at the back to see what pressure its pumping at.

If its a blockage they should be able to sort it from there.

But if the compressor is faulty then im afraid it will be an expensive repair. But the good news is Samsung give a 5 year warrenty on the sealed system side. As as the fault is on the system then this is covered by Samsung.

So give them a bell and im sure they can sort this out for you.