Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our refrigerator light is not on and there is no cold.

Hello, our refrigerator light...

Hello, our refrigerator light is not on and there is no cold.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool Gold, maybe 7 years old. Not sure model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Someone came and fixed it about 3 years ago and it was something to do with frozen water or junk in a trap line in the freezer. We don't use the water dispenser or ice maker, but I think it was something to do with that.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Please give me the model number - from inside of the refrigerator section near the top shelf.

GX5FHTXVY06

Ok, thanks. One moment while I look this up.

Are you hearing any unusual sounds coming from the refrigerator - such as the compressor trying to start?

no sounds

Ok so are the refrigerator and freezer not cooling at all? Both are room temperature?

room temperature, yes

Ok then, you highly likely just have a failed electronic control. Would you like for me to give you a source for the part and a youtube video that shows how to replace it?

no, I would like a technician to do it

Ok, so would you just like a list of highly rated technicians close to your area?

ok

Ok, please give me your zip code.

43221

Ok, this will take up to 5 minutes to put together.

Ok, here you are. These are all in or near Columbus:

Central Ohio Appliance - 4/5 stars -(###) ###-####/p>

Applianceman Service - 4/5 stars -(###) ###-####/p>

Steele's Appliance - 4/5 stars -(###) ###-####/p>

Shamrock Appliance - 4/5 stars -(###) ###-####/p>

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech