Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE profile dishwasger 2010. We had a power failure…

I have a GE...

I have a GE profile dishwasger 2010. We had a power failure and a surge and washer will not work. would like to know how to trouble shoot

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its a little over 7 years old Model PDWT480Rss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Insurance company gave me 125 to troubleshoot if repair is costly I can replace unit Im guessing its the main board

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Alwasy ran well before power surge. I opened main breaker to house as soon as I realized we had power quality issues. Others in neighborhood did not and lost furnaces refrigerators etc. I only lost DW

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. Yes, you are right it is the computer control board. The part itself cost about $100

How do I get to the board and test it?

its very difficult to test. it's the only thing that could cause it to do what it's doing

OK Thanks,
What is likely hood of other electrical components being bad if the main board went was torched? Touchpad looks suspect to me as well.
I inclined to replace th eunit rather than sink a couple hundred in parts and still run risk that other components are bad.

most of the time its the control and touchpad. the electronics just go out like a light bulb

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
OK Thanks I have the board out looks like an easy replacement along with touch pad.
Thanks for your help!

you are very welcome