Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE profile dishwasger 2010. We had a power failure…

I have a GE...

I have a GE profile dishwasger 2010. We had a power failure and a surge and washer will not work. would like to know how to trouble shoot

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its a little over 7 years old Model PDWT480Rss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Insurance company gave me 125 to troubleshoot if repair is costly I can replace unit Im guessing its the main board

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Alwasy ran well before power surge. I opened main breaker to house as soon as I realized we had power quality issues. Others in neighborhood did not and lost furnaces refrigerators etc. I only lost DW

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. Yes, you are right it is the computer control board. The part itself cost about $100

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I get to the board and test it?

its very difficult to test. it's the only thing that could cause it to do what it's doing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thanks,
What is likely hood of other electrical components being bad if the main board went was torched? Touchpad looks suspect to me as well.
I inclined to replace th eunit rather than sink a couple hundred in parts and still run risk that other components are bad.

most of the time its the control and touchpad. the electronics just go out like a light bulb

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thanks I have the board out looks like an easy replacement along with touch pad.
Thanks for your help!

you are very welcome

Ray, Home Appliance Technician