Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave says "door" and will not start even though the…

Customer Question
Microwave says "door" and...

Microwave says "door" and will not start even though the door is closed.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Age 4/16...whirlpool model#WMH31017AB-5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HAVE BEEN WAVING MY HAND INSIDE THE MICROWAVE WHEN TIS HAPPENED BEFORE AND IT WOULD START, BUT NOT NOW.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, this is a common issue and you'll want to call warranty to fix this issue first to see if they will help. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing. This door switch wasn't durable from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. Below is a link to the switch as well as a video on how to replace it if you wanted to replace it yourself, but maybe if you're not able to Whirlpool will help with the repair. Their warranty number is *****

CLICK HERE for switch

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.