Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a whirlpool cabrio washer that doesn't want to power on.

Got a whirlpool cabrio...

Got a whirlpool cabrio washer that doesn't want to power on. quit mid cycle. not the breaker. the outlet it's plugged into powers other devices.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's very new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's not my machine. house sitting for my boss

3/17/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

wte8500d1

And have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control board yet?

If not let`s do that at this time then plug it back in and let me know if it still does not power on please.

reboot meaning just pressing the power button?

the number of wte8500d1 does not bring anything up can you look at it once again please?

No REBOOT by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes than plugging it back in !

sorry.
WTW8500C1
ok 5 mins starting now

ok Great then just plug it back in and try to start it then and let me know what happens .

I've got power now.

ok can you select a cycle and press start and will it then start for you?

it seems to be operating correctly. Do you know what could cause this sort of powering off?

with electronic control board many different things can confuse them .

From electrical fluctuations, power surges , outside radio interference .

If it happens again and again you will need to replace the electronic control board .

Would you like the part info just so you have it ?

not at this time. thanks for your help.

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
am i able to continue this conversation?

Sure go right ahead .

I`m online today until 5 p.m. EST