Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Was communicating w/Joel Swenson. Have a follow-up question,

but haven't gotten a response...
Was communicating w/Joel Swenson. Have a follow-up question, but haven't gotten a response to it. Have side by side GE refrigerator Model # GSL22JFPD. Have been defrosting freezer to unclog drain hole. Understand it will be clear when I can pour approx. 1/2 cup of water into hole without it spilling over. Am I correct that I cannot access the drain pan on this model of refrigerator? What happens to the water that goes down into the pan? Does it just sit there and evaporate, or what?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Was communicating w/Joel Swenson. Have a follow-up question, but haven't gotten a response to it. Have side by side GE refrigerator Model # GSL22JFPD. Have been defrosting freezer to unclog drain hole. Understand it will be clear when I can pour approx. 1/2 cup of water into hole without itspilling over. Am I correct that I cannot access the drain pan on this model of refrigerator? What happens to the water that goes down into the pan? Does it just sit there and evaporate, or what?

The drain tube may be accessed from the back after removing the rear service panel from the compressor area. The tube is attached to the base plate, number 751 at the link below. It may be plugged at the end if it still does not drain.

CLICK HERE

Is a special tool needed to remove the rear service panel?

Just a hex head screwdriver or socket, usually a 1/4" or 5/16" size. That panel is number 616 in that diagram I sent you. :)

Kelly, Appliance Technician