Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Re: Side-by-Side refrigerator model # GSL22JFPD.

Hi. My name...

Hi. My name is Gail. Re: Side-by-Side refrigerator model # GSL22JFPD. Experiencing frozen drain in freezer compartment. Have had refrigerator defrosting about 18 hours. Have emptied compartment of ice and exposed drain hole. Have also poured hot water down hole. Have been told by yesterday's visiting technician I cannot access pan (to see if water is flowing through). How can I tell if it's now clear?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

2001. Model # GSL22JFPD.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Can you see my first entry that explains what has been done so far?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Please see first entry. Please help me determine if drain is fully unclogged from ice in freezer compartment.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you can pour about half a coffee cup full of water down the drain and it's not backing up then the drain is is unstopped.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Am I correct in the understanding that I cannot access the pan under the frig (as explained to me by the technician who came to my home yesterday?
No. Communications by e-mail on this site is perfectly fine.
Hello????
Hello? Am I correct that I cannot access the pan underneath this refrigerator?