Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I installed a new water filter and it is making a grinding…

Customer Question
I installed a new...

I installed a new water filter and it is making a grinding sound. I have installed water filters for 3 years and never had any trouble.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

The problem is new. I installed the water filter this afternoon and it has a grinding sound. It has never happened before. The refrigerator is only 3 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is there any work to do? I just want to know why the filter mechanism has a grinding sound.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I think I am being as articulate as I

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. Was it make that noise before you changed the filter or is that the reason you changed it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, the old filter was ready for replacement. I installed the new one about an hour ago and cant figure out why it is making a grinding sound.

did you try taking it off and putting it back on? it sounds like its no sealing correctly. is it the same brand you been using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is the same brand I have been using. I will attempt to reset it. Thank you. I hope I will not be charged any more money. I hope my personal information is secure.

you are very welcome and I hope I was a help to you

Ray, Home Appliance Technician