Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice dispenser door opening and closing on its own.

Customer Question
Ice dispenser door opening...

Ice dispenser door opening and closing on its own

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

RH29H9000SR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The controller board on front of fridge not doing anything ice and water dispenser not working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Replaced my main board on advice of a friend nothing, same symptoms
Checked all micro switches 2 in dispenser the flap is going nuts on and 2 on the water and ice on lower dispenser
With all wires exposed on top of fridge checked for good connection at couplings door open close and around back on main boards no Nick's, cuts, or loose wires all looks ok
3/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Still waiting ,I can wait a little longer
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The behavior is indeed indicative of control failure. I suspect you may have replaced the incorrect board. What is the part number of the board you replaced?