Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool front load washer is flashing 9 won't let me do…

Customer Question
My whirlpool front load...

My whirlpool front load washer is flashing 9 won't let me do anything I tried cancel but can't I unplugged it a few times but still flashing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Got in 2001 whirlpool duet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Will it reset itself if unplugged few hrs?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I unplugged it & waited an hr still same so unplugged few more times & waited it's unplugged again
If you can just tell me what to do here will be fine

so​rry if the site i s offering the automatic phone call its not from me. What is the model number of your unit ??

4619 702 29011 whirlpool duet

th​e model number will have some letters to did you get this off the inside of the door?

No can't open door locked on front of inststruction book I got with washer

h​mmmm ok without a model number makes this even harder. So the door is locked and not unlocking? Is there clothes insdie the unit?

can​ you try putting it on the drain / spin cycle to get it to continue draining the water that is inside of there?

No won't let me do anything I tried all different cycles & cancel/pause & keeps flashing 9

it sounds like your control board may have died.

Is that expensive?

do​es your washer have a kick plate at the bottom that removes?