Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag 2000 series dryer DHZN-ELE-2406024-EL54. I…

I have a maytag...

I have a maytag 2000 series dryer DHZN-ELE-2406024-EL54. I tried starting a load and the light was blinking telling me to clean the lint screen. I have removed the screen and cleaned it serveral times but am still getting the message and cannot start the cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would say that it about 8 years old, the serial # is M110092751 if that will help identify the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know, depends on the problem, complexity, cost, etc

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have had this dryer for about 8 years but have only used it for about 2 years, it was in storage until that time.

3/17/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I did unplug it for 5 minutes, it did not help

si​nce the lint screen is clean have you checked the lint trap that runs out of the house? You may need to try using a leaf blower or something strong to blow any lint out of it.

I did and it was clean

ok so if this isn't the problem then your control board must have failed and is telling the unit its full of lint .Before replacing the control board I would take the back o f the unit off and make sure it doesn't have built up lint in it.

I​f there is no lint then the control board sadly will need to be replaced. You can order t he parts from searpartsdirect.com

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
thanks, you have been very helpful. I will take off the back and check it.