Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Ultimate II whirlpool washer. Put a load in last…

I have an Ultimate...

I have an Ultimate II whirlpool washer. Put a load in last night, and discovered a flooded floor today, with water spilling out the top of washer. My first question: is there an easy/clever way to drain the washer? because I can't test the washer to see if it was just a fluke until I drain the washer and try another load

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Thanks for any advice!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The machine is about...15-20 years old... Ultimate II is the model.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'd rather not do the work myself--I'm pretty lousy at this stuff. My landlord is better. But he's away at the moment...

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

LSQ8243H

ok do you mean the washer was working and flooded or that when the washer is NOT running it was filling with water?

the easiest way to drain the washer is to remove the drain hose from the house drain and put the end of the drain hose into a bucket and let it gravity drain

It filled with water and overflowed (and kept overflowing for hours apparently) while running a load of wash...

ok was it still overflowing when you saw it today or had it stopped filling ?

what I`m trying to find out is was the washer filling even when it was not running?

Well, I think it was still running when I found it. In other words, it never turned off, and that was the problem.
I’m currently draining the washer as You suggested

so your saying that the washer was still making noise as if it was still agitating ?

I believe so. I was in a bit of shock this morning when I discovered it, so I maybe didn’t record my impressions as well as I might have

ok how did you get it to stop filling when you found it ?

I think I frantically turned the dial.
The water is currently draining into the bucket Very quickly, if that indicates anything?

ok frantically turning the dial helps .

So you have a bad water level pressure switch that will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thanks.
Is there any chance that it was a fluke? Like, for instance, dial caught between two settings? In other words, is it worth trying another load, or are you pretty certain?

If the dial /timer got stuck in the fill mode once it fills to a preset level the water level pressure switch should have turned the water off but it did not so it is a pressure switch issue.

That makes sense, thanks.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech