Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

After the power going out too, my GE Monogram dishwasher has…

After the power going...

After the power going out too, my GE Monogram dishwasher has a high pitched whine and the control panel is not lit up. Is there a reset button or a way to fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model zbd 6880 k03 SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's approximately 14 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I can tell you. If I can do the work myself I would like to. Otherwise, looks like a new dishwasher is in my future.

3/17/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Try this first, Turn off the breaker to it at the breaker box for ten minutes so the computer board can reset then power it back on and try it and let me know how it works

Okay. I'll get back to you in 10 minutes
No change
Waiting for your reply

I'm sorry. The computer control board has shorted out and needs to be replaced

Thanks

do you need me to give you the part number and price of it? 14 years old is considered very old by today's standards

905

on diagram

Dishwasher electronic control board

Parts #: WD21X10216

$ 92.97

In Stock

are you going to do the repairs yourself?

Thanks. I agree 14 years old is pretty old for a dishwasher. We may just wind up buying a new one.

yes, because at that age it may be one thing after another that goes out on you. Good luck to you and I hope I was a help to you. I would greatly appreciate it if you would rate me. If you need anymore advice just let me know... thanks and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician