Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our machine is flashing at the sensing/FILL position and…

Hi, our machine is...

Hi, our machine is flashing at the sensing/FILL position and only drains.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since last evening. There is no water left, but keeps pumping. I filled it up trying activate sensors, but drains till water is dispensed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can. I'm thinking it needs control con.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have you heard of the situation?

3/17/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

GTW460ASJ5WW

The problem that unit is having is caused by the water level pressure switch, which on that model is built in to the main control board so you can't just repair or replace the switch you have to replace the entire main control board. The replacement board is listed below:

Washer Electronic Control Board

Part #: WH18X24935 - click here for part info at sears

If you need anything else, just let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thank you!

You are welcome,. . please take a moment to rate my assistance before you go and have a great day.

I already knew it was the main control. Just wanted an opinion.

ok

Rate where?

There is a set of 5 empty stars at the top your page you rate by clicking the 5th one to the right. If you are using a mobile phone scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the star rating system there.

Joel Swenson
There are two reset buttons on back of old control board! Discovered after I replaced it.

Not sure if what you saw were reset buttons, the image below is the pin layout and board schematic for that model which is what I referred to :

click here for image

It's not showing any reset on that schematic. If it is in fact a reset did you happen to see if it fixed the issue you had?