Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LG Fridge LFX25960ST. Stopped supplying water to ice maker…

LG Fridge LFX25960ST....

LG Fridge LFX25960ST. Stopped supplying water to ice maker and a few months later stopped dispensing drinking water as well. I have replaced the filter and removed and checked the external supply lines - all clear. Valve on supply line is set to open. Fridge hums when I try to dispense water but nothing comes out. Checked new filter and it doesn't seem like water is getting to it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Nine years old. Model number listed above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The water in our area is a little hard.

3/17/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK, thanks.

This normally means the line is frozen somewhere in the wall liner. Often if the unit is too cold it can freeze the water line. If you can defrost the unit then try it that would likely solve the issue. The only other thing that can cause that issue is the filter head can get blocked. There are small ports with check valves in the filter head assembly that can get blocked. If you can get a quick connector and bypass the filter head by connecting the 2 lines that go to it together then try it it would rule that out as the issue.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
OK, thank you.