Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a top load washer from GE. I was cleaning the top of…

I have a top...

I have a top load washer from GE. I was cleaning the top of it and around the knob and I somehow loosen that up and now I can’t get it lined up or turn on the washer. The knob just keeps spinning like it’s hanging there

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 10 years old. The model is GTWN3000M0WS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so

3/17/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The knob is held onto the timer shaft by a horse shoe clip, but it will just spin on the shaft if the knob is pilled out , .do you mean the dial pointer is out of alignment?

Master Tech
Phone call session started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbAfDs5x_3A

did I lose you on the phone?

Do you need me to call you back ??

I will await for a reply from you!

I guess we lost each other. Thanks to your guidance and the you tube video my teenage son fixed it. Thanks again Woody. Enjoy your day! Judy R

ok no problem ,yes the phone just went dead .

Glad to assist you anytime.