Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven won't turn on. Maytag model cwg3600aab

Customer Question
Oven won't turn on ...

Oven won't turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag model cwg3600aab

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When you say it will not turn on , do you mean it will not program oor that you CAN program it and it just does not heat up ?

And if it just does not heat up is it all oven functions that do not heat up?

Won't heat up, clock ,oven light works

Ok when you turn the oven on if you open the oven door and remove the oven floor pan can you see the igniter glowing ?

And Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Does not glow, already changed igniter
have meter

have you tested for voltage to the igniter?

No
Appears no voltage

Ok so with the oven turned on if your not getting voltage to the igniter that can only mean the electronic control is bad . let me pull up the part info be right back .

Ok the electronic control board /clock is a part number of 12001620 .

Now the bad new it is no longer available from the manufacturer..

But there is good new , here is a link to a company if you remove your control board and send it to them they will rebuild it for you and give you a 2 year warranty on it .

Here is that link ,I have already loaded your part number into their page .

http://www.fixyourboard.com/boards/12001620.html

If you have any questions just let me know!

Let me ask if I was doing it right. I unplugged it from igniter and checked it by connector, meter didn't move?
Oven was on

yes as long as you were testing the oven end of the harness to the igniter and not the igniter end that was unplugged .

oven end, red wires.

Ok so yes it is a control board issue .not sending voltage to the igniter.