Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed water filter in my French Door Model RF260BEAESR…

Customer Question
I changed water filter...

I changed water filter in my French Door Model RF260BEAESR and made sure ice off was not lit, reset button underneath ice maker in freezer was pushed and still cannot get ice! I hear ice maker go through motion, but the sound of water filling does not occur! I bought Samsung filter so that isn’t the problem! HELP

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 07/11/13, doesn’t model number indicate exact model? It is top 3 door French Door without door ice/water access.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am! 79 y.o. But I think I can do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: kingcobra80, Repair Technician replied 1 month ago
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Here is the service manual pages for resetting the ice maker. I hope this helps.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b049xglqr8vzbcy/201406271751003%5Estorage_attachment%5EHow_To_Reset_The_Ice_Makers_In_Samsung_Fench_Door_Refrigerators.pdf?dl=0Just copy and paste the link in your browser.

Please remember to give me a rating because this is the only way I get credit for my answer. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question and I hope if you have any future issues you will request me.

kingcobra80
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Repair Technician