Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher will not allow me to select Normal wash cycle. It…

Dishwasher will not allow...

Dishwasher will not allow me to select Normal wash cycle. It only lights up: auto Clean, Rinse Only, Steam Sanitize, Delay Hours. These light up at the same time. I pressed Start and it sounds like it is washing. It did not delay. How can I get it to allow Normal cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It is a Maytag model MDB8949SAM1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What is required?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have always used the Normal cycle with Heated Dry. This is the first time it has not allowed this. I am currently running a cycle at the settings that it automatically turned on, as previously stated.

3/17/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If some cycles/buttons work and others don't, your touch control panel is just failing. You can try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the touch control panel because it has just failed. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. This part has been completely re-designed because it was believed that steam was causing some of these to fail early. Either way, below is a link to the new panel you need.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Is the touch control panel easy to install?