Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE washer only fills to 1" above the agitator when set to…

My GE washer only...

My GE washer only fills to 1" above the agitator when set to 'super'. The model number is ***** Is this the right water level?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It came with the house when I bought it 4 years ago. Model number whre5550k2ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can go either way.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. I tried replacing the water level switch on the front panel, and tried replacing the control panel (mother board?) Called in a repair man and he said it was the normal level. I'm sure it was higher before.

3/17/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately, the water level is not higher than that at all. These are high efficiency top load machines so they don't use much electricity or water. There is only a little difference in water level from the super wash compared to the normal wash. The repair man is correct that it is 100% normal.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc