Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you replace the charcoal filter in a ge profile

How do you replace...

How do you replace the charcoal filter in a ge profile xl1800

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

GE Profile Spacemaker XL1800

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I have the filter

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the microwave door the model /serial tag is on the inner frame of the cooking cavity.

JVM1870CF02

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

no
is that it?
hello

To remove the charcoal filter, disconnect power at the main fuse or circuit breaker panel or pull the plug. Remove the top grille by removing the screws on top of the grille that hold it in place and sliding the grille to the left (opening the door makes grille removal easier). Slide the filter towards the front of the oven and remove it.

I guess you did not see my last post where I stated that I was ALSO assisting other customers !

To Install Charcoal Filter To install a new filter, remove plastic and other outer wrapping from the new filter. Insert the filter into the top opening of the oven as shown. It will rest at an angle on 2 side support tabs and in front of the right rear tab. Replace the grille and screws.

This information is also on the unit use and care booklet , do you have one ?

If not I can sent you the PDF file for one so you have the booklet

Did you have anymore questions for me today?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

Master Tech
Woody was excellent
I felt he went above and beyond
5 stars
Thanks woody

Thank you !

Glad to assist you anytime.