Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a very fine behaving Miele oven H395 which all of a…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a very fine behaving Miele oven H395 which all of a sudden after a self cleaning cycle is refusing to turn on the heat. I have checked th e child lock...the interior lights stay on; the door feels closed although that occasionally has worried me in the past and there is a lighted display on the panel that I can "program" so it doesnt seem like it is lacking power. Thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

11 years old. H396BPSS Meile 30

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it involves playing with electricity...if I need to check circuits, etc. I'll hire someone. I'd just like to know if it is likely electrical or that I did some odd programming mistake.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My husband has looked at it as well. So 2 brains have tried the re-programming issue.

3/17/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Seeing how this happened after a self clean, I suspect the high limit thermostat/safety thermostat has tripped. It is normally located on back of unit and would need to be ohmed out to test.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service