Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have model KSCS25INWH01 refrigerator. The freezer section…

I have model KSCS25INWH01...

I have model KSCS25INWH01 refrigerator. The freezer section gets too warm. Also, for last couple of weeks we heard pulsating noise. What an be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Make is Kitchen Aid, Model # KSCS25INWH01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I like to if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The unit had pulsating noise for last couple of weeks, now I temp in freezer section is too high

3/17/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Look in the freezer. Look at back wall lower section. Do you see any ice build up? Do you hear the fan in the freezer running?
How are temps in refrigerator section?
Fan is running, no ice built up visible from bottom rear of the freezer. Temp in refrigerator section is 37 degrees.
What is the total cost for live phone call. Was I charged any money so far.
I am not sure about phone call, not something I requested. What is temp in freezer?
FYI, The temp in freezer section is 15 degrees at the moment while completely empty.
Pull unit out and remove back bottom cover. Need to see if condenser fan and compressor is running.
I do have back bottom cover off. The is running. How to determine if condenser and compresdor are running?
sorry, I meant fan is running
Put your hand on compressor. Is it warm and vibrating?
yed it is warm and vibrating
it is warm and vibrating
The last thing you can check, is the evaporator. You will need to remove shelves in freezer. Remove back panel in the freezer. Look at evaporator. See if you have any ice build up, or an even frost pattern. Take a pic if you can. Let me know what you find.
You either have a defrost problem or a sealed system problem.
what would it cost for in home service?
Every service department is different. You would need to find your local service company.
It will take a few minutes to do what you just talked about, how do I get back to you after I open up and take a picture.
Just post back to this. It will not close.
Just FYI. You have second through five year parts and labor on sealed system warranty. Then you have six through ten years parts on sealed system. The six through ten does not cover labor.
thank you. my unit was purchased in March of 2007 so I assume there is no warranty. You have been helpful. I appreciate but I think I will need service guy. Any ideas on factory authorized service company in Columbus, Ohio area?
No, I am in PA. If it is a sealed system problem, won’t be worth fixing. Parts and labor would be expensive.
If defrost problem it would be worth fixing. But you would see ice build up on evaporator.
Thank you.
Welcome.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service