Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung side by side refrigerator. Refrigerated side - temp…

Samsung side by side...

Samsung side by side refrigerator. Refrigerated side - temp on front door panel is reading 34. Inside temp is reading 55. Coils have been vacuumed, new mother board has been installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model #. Rs265tdwp

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Lights are on. Local repairman has tested all components with his equipment.

3/17/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Please let me know what is wrong via chat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you going to help me?

sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call its not from me. One moment please.

is the fan in the freezer running? What about the compressor in the back is it running? Is it running hot or warm?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fan in the freezer is working. Freezer is ok. However the technician said he could not hear the fan in the refrigerator side running. He didn’t know if it was very quiet or maybe shuts down when you open the door.
Why would the temperature on the outside panel be reading 34 degrees but when I put a thermometer inside it is reading 55

it​ could mean a bad thermistor (which tells the unit to run in order to cool) if the thermistor thinks its 35 it will stop cooling as it should

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a thermistor ?
Is that an expensive part?
This refrigerator is not old.

no ​not expensive at all typically about 15 dollars and easy to replace its in the fridge side

thermistor is like a thermostat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just spent $200 for a mother board and it could have been a $15 part ��
Is this something I could get to myself and replace?

ye​s its very simple

yo​u can probably even find a simple video on you tube to walk you through it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman