Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MHW5100DWO WHILE RUNNING LEANED IN FRONT…

Customer Question
MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MHW5100DWO...

MAYTAG WASHER MODEL MHW5100DWO WHILE RUNNING LEANED IN FRONT OF IT STOPPED WORKING WILL NOT RESTART. EVEN SHUT POWER OFF AND PUSH START SWITCH DOOR LOCKS BUT WASHER WON'T START

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MAXIMA MODEL MHW5100DWO ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES JUST WANT TO FIND OUT HOW TO RESET CYCLE OR IF THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

JUST THAT IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IF YOU LEAN INTO FRONT CONTROLS OF WASHER BUT WOULD RESTART AFTER SHUTTING OFF AND TURNING BACK ON

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When you leaned into it did you lean on the door ?

No heard a beep as I leaned on front push button panel no faults showing

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes then plugging it back in ?

This will reboot the electronic control board .

If not let`s do that at this time.

Unplugged but only short time will try that when I get home tonight thank you

ok no problem ,if you still have an issue just reply back to me .