Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag turns on and lets me set wash features and push…

Hello, my maytag...

Hello, my maytag turns on and lets me set wash features and push the start pb it does a sense moves the tube a little then powers off Been working until yesterday for over a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

14 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Anything that does not require changing parts out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am sad

3/17/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Can you give me the model# *****
Under lid or behind door?
MVWB835DW1
I hope there is a reset that can be done?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTCLMugh60. Click on link. Get any error codes. Let
Me
Know what you find.
That link didn't work, but this one got me a code of F5 E2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_eKyqf7nE
Okay. Give me a min.
Well if nothing blocking lid lock, lid lock is bad.
Do you see anything in the way of the lock?
http://producthelp.whirlpool.com/Laundry/Washers/Washer_Product_Assistance/VIDEO%3A_F5_E2_Error_code_for_top_load_washers
Ok it is working now. I did the clear bit I saw in the video and pushed down on the lid until the lock tab clicked to hold it. Thanks
You are welcome. Have a nice day.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service