Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Model GTWN3000M2WS....Serial AZ147763G Washing

I have Model GTWN3000M2WS....Serial...

I have Model GTWN3000M2WS....Serial AZ147763G Washing machine. I am not sure what year I bought it from Lowe's, but I would say 6 years ago. It has always had a noisy spin cycle, but now it is starting to sound like an airplane ready to take off. Very noisey. I am afraid the whole tub is going break loose on the spin cycles. What can be done?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I imagine it depends on what is wrong. We don't have a parts catalog for one thing. My husband is very knowledgeable, but this may be a time we need a technician. What do you think the problem is?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washing machine sounds like it will take off flying. I like my washing machine but I don't want to wait for it to break before something is done.

3/17/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. Is it a loud growling type noise?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO. No grinding or growling, It just spins extremely loudly....like it is going to "take off" for flight. It spins extremely well and I really like my washing machine. It still looks just like brand new, washes well....no complaints other than the loud spinning cycles. I hate for the whole tub to crash and cause a lot of damage. If you think it won't "crash", I can live with it, but I am trying to protect my machine. I don't overload. Really, it doesn't seem to be as loud when I do heavy things like blue jeans as it does when it is towels and such. Strange! Maybe you can tell from the model/serial information what year it was made. I bought it new from Lowes sometime before I moved here four years ago. I do hope you have an answer.
Loud during spin is normally a bad tub bearing. It will not cause the machine to blow up or anything like that, but it will need to be replaced. Probably don’t want to wait to long. Don’t want water damage under unit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RdrhKqtzK_k
Click link.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do we get a part number for the bearing and is this something my husband can replace himself? He is very mechanically inclined (retired Marine) and has always been able to repair things. We don't have a parts list and can't seem to get one. Can you help with that?
I can get you the part#. He can watch the video I sent. That way he can determine if he is able
To do the job. Be right back with part #.
Wh2x1198 is the bearing. I would also get a new seal pat# *****
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will you send me a link to order the parts? I appreciate your help. Waiting for the video to see if we can do the job or call a technician. Thank you for your consideration. I don't mind paying if I get answers. You have been helpful.
I just use marcone.com it sears parts direct. You may be better off looking for local appliance part shop or repair shop. They may have these parts
In stock.
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How will the video link come? I have been watching for it before we order parts. Thank you.
I sent it earlier. Let me look again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found it. Thank w
Welcome.
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service