Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a LG LFX28978ST frig, the freezer food is thawling.

Hey I have a...

Hey I have a LG LFX28978ST frig, the freezer food is thawling. Comoressor is running, evaporator fan is running, condenser fan motor is running, condesner coils are cleaned, evaporator coil was cold when I touched it but it didnt have the normal frost on coil, what im saying is the evaporator coil was clean free of frost. frig has a board on back and a thermister inside of freezer. I have no clue why the freezer is not freezing the food.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The frigs is about 3to5 years old and model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes you help me I want a memebership withyou guys.

3/17/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. From the information you are giving, you have a sealed system problem. Could be a leak or a bad compressor. Do you have your warranty information?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is what I figured. The compressor is running though.
Yea iris running but not cooling. It may not be pumping. You have parts warrant on this unit. Covers all sealed system parts. You would have to pay labor.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How could you tell if the compressor is pump or not?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can feel the evaporator coil and it's cool and the compressor is warm.
It is more than likely a leak, but you can’t tell for
Sure until you put valves and gauges on it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got cha.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LG should have just stuck with TV's. Thank you Sir.
Lol. You are welcome. Have a good day.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service