Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does the start button on my washer beep but not start?

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Is this your washer or your dryer giving you the trouble?

It lights up but won't start. I unplugged it for over 30 minutes but still wouldn't start. Model #GSW9250PW1,Ser.# MS3826319. Gas dryer.

do​ you happen to have a multimeter?

I can't afford it. What is my solution?

so​rry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me please disregard it. Do you have a mulimeter?

No. I'm 74 and couldn't get into test anything.

so more then likely you have a failed thermal fuse or failed control board the thermal fuse can be tested and is much cheaper then the control board but without a multimeter to test this part I can not be certain.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.