Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where is the touchpad located. Several weeks. All the lights…

Customer Question
Where is the touchpad...

Where is the touchpad located

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All the lights are on and when I press start, it shuts that feature off. it seems that the start button and the cancel button are crossed

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Whirlpool dishwasher - model gu2475xtvy1

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this problem never occurred before
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 1 month ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have.

so​ all the lights are on but when you hit start all the lights go off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I press one of the features, lets say normal wash and than press start, that kicks normal wash out.
However, when I press the cancel button, the washing / rinsing lights come on, but no action
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
may I also say that all the other lights are on all the time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is the thermal fuse the two wires and the round metal, that clips to main board, if it is, it has been replaced.No I do not have a multimeter.
I am a 83 year old man, hoping to save money by doing the repair by myself.

yes I just sent the link to the part I am referring to and a way of testing it. The problem is you have either a failed thermal fuse or a bad control board. The thermal fuse can be tested the control board can not be tested but its more expensive to replace.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the control board has also, been replaced.
I also, with a tooth brush and alcohol brushed the wire prong connections to no avail.

ok ​so then that leaves the thermal fuse being the issue. There is a helpful video along with the part I sent you as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not received the video, you were to have sent me, my Email address is ***@******.***
A new thermal fuse has been installed, problem still exists.

I ​am sending over the notes to enter your unit into service mode and see if it tells us anything. The section to invoke diagnostics is on the bottom left side of page 1 and so on.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a508020a5f6/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10142800%20-%20Rev%20C.pdf​

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I was not satisfied with the results, as the problem was not resolved. I hereby request that the money paid, be refunded.
Thank You.
Frederick Stokowski
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 15 days ago

n​o worries sent in for refund

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman