Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MAH4000AWW. My washer wont ramp up during…

Hi Dave, I have a...
Hi Dave, I have a Maytag MAH4000AWW. My washer wont ramp up during the final spin phase. I recently replaced the drum bearings. That's when the spin issue started. Since then I have checked the circuit board for the burnt resistor, the diode. I've also verified the switches are working. As of right now, I have the inertia switch jumpered, the drum switch on the side jumpered. I know the wax motor is fine. This washer has been with me for 20 years. I'm ready to let go, but thought I would try one more time for ideas...
Ive also installed a new belt...
I just added three pair of jeans to washer, set it to spin and I think it ramped up. I going to wash them and see what happens with water weight in there...
Ok... cycle complete. The washer did ramp up during spin cycle, but only held the higher rpm for maybe 10-12 seconds, then slowed back down and tried again. After the cycle was complete, the jeans were very wet feeling. Ideas?
3/17/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Sure
No thanks on the call. I'm not at home now so if you want toblist ideas to try later, that would be fine.

sorry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me. Give me a few minutes and I will gather some information for you to try when you are home in front of the appliance.

ho​nestly from the sounds of it your problem sounds like an issue with the door switch assembly needing to be replaced. Have you inspected this part?

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-switch-holder-assy-wp22003067-ap6006340.html​

I've checked the wax motor, and both switches. They work fine.

so​ then all that leaves is the drive motor itself being the problem and needing to be replaced. Its not putting out the power that it needs to. Since the board has no signs of wear and tare that leaves the drive motor itself. This is not going to be a cheap fix.

I replaced that motor probably 19 years ago... You're right it's not cheap either! Thanks for your ideas.... Think I will retire this unit after 20 years. ��

I ​personally would advise the same. Stay away form the front loaders and the Samsung and LG brands they are just no good. Look pretty but no good.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman