Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I think the heating element in our oven might have burned…

Customer Question
Hi, I think the...

Hi, I think the heating element in our oven might have burned out and the oven no longer heats up properly. I suspect the oven is approximately 20-25 years old. The last time we used it, noticed one part of it got bright yellow and started to smoke. is it possible to just replace that part or not.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model W2750 and again, it was in the house when we bought it. So maybe 20 years or more.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That would depend on how complicated it would be. An actual install of a new appliance is a little out of my league.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Which heating element has failed ? the upper Broil or the lower Bake element?