Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Wolf Convection Microwave Model MWC24 and the

Customer Question
I have a Wolf...

I have a Wolf Convection Microwave Model MWC24 and the turntable has stopped turning. How do I identify whcih part needs to be repaired and then get the right part. I live in rural Alaska and no one around here repairs Wolf.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 2007 and the model is listed as an MWC24

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think I will have to

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the turntable isn't turning, the first thing you need to do is remove the turntable and the support below that to make sure nothing is stripped out. If it checks good, then your only possibilities would be a bad turntable motor or a bad relay on the display board and the entire display board would need to be replaced. You'll need to uninstall the entire microwave and remove the bot***** *****ttle access panel below the microwave to see the turntable motor. Once removed, unplug the 2 wires to the turntable motor and use a multimeter to test voltage between the 2 wires. Test power between the 2 wires and you should have 110 volts when the microwave is running. If not, then you need a new display control board. If you do have 110 volts, then you'll need to replace the turntable motor. As for ordering parts, you can go to Wolf's site and see who is in your area that sell Wolf Parts, below is a link to see who you can order from for part.

CLICK HERE for parts

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.