Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool dishwasher model DU 920GWDBO that runs…

Customer Question
We have a Whirlpool...

We have a Whirlpool dishwasher model DU 920GWDBO that runs fine till some ? saran wrap got into it, with strands coming up through ports of lower spray arm, and leaving considerable white haze on dishes, most probably plastic residue. Can we clean this safely with vinegar cycles, or is it a lost cause? Thanks so much for your help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 22 yrs old, and the model # is DU920QWDBO.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think not. No water softener needed here, and I am concerned about minute plastic particle residue for the future

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Well you would want to take the unit apart and remove the rest of the plastic Saran wrap ,

And the use a store bought dishwasher cleaner .

Just Vinegar will not clean it out .

Do you feel that you can take the spray arms off and clean them out and possibly take the top of the pump housing off to clean any Saran wrap that is inside the pump assembly?