Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Duet washer is reading an f08 E1 error code. It…

My Whirlpool Duet washer...

My Whirlpool Duet washer is reading an f08 E1 error code

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is two years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’m not really sure

3/16/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error means Long Fill which means the main control did not detect water coming into the unit fast enough or at all. Make sure your home water supply to the washer is supplying enough water pressure to the machine. Once it gives that error code the door will be locked, and the control will be unresponsive. Press the power button, and the washer will start a drain routine which takes approximately 8 to 10 minutes, during which time the pump will run continuously. The control will not accept any input during this time. Wait 10 minutes before trying to perform any functions otherwise you will just reset the error mode. Once it finishes this error mode the unit will be reset and in stand by ready to start a new cycle. If there is proper water pressure to the unit and this problem persists then the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Thanks Joel! I ran the diagnostics test. Was this something I should have done?

Well its not going to hurt anything at all, just exit diagnostics, unplug the washer for a few minutes plug it back in and it should reset if the drain pump is running when you plug it back in just let it run when it stops the unit will be reset.

Okay Thanks!

You are welcome, thank you for the rating, the bonus and for using JA!