Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Whirlpool built-in electric double oven. The oven

I have a Whirlpool built-in electric double oven. The oven control display goes out and the oven will not work. However the light switch works. Then a couple of days or more everything works again. Even the clock shows the correct time.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 10 years old. I'm not sure of the model..the user manual shows RBD and YRB numbers. I looked on the ovens, but can't find a model number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm not sure what work needs to be done. As I said it goes out for a period of time then goes back on again.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I don't think so.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

you need to check the wiring at the control board for loose connections or a bad wire, in most cases when it looses power and comes back on and works fine its usually a wiring issue somewhere from the terminal block to the control board. if the wiring checks out ok and the problem persists the control board will have to be replaced. If you need a replacement part number for the board I will need the model number of the unit to give you that info, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.