Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a front load GE washing machine. Mold everywhere and…

Customer Question
Have a front load...

Have a front load GE washing machine. Mold everywhere and has been this way for a long time. Now getting rash on body. What to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WBVH6240FWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don’t know what it needs. Know it’s happened to lots of these washers and people

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We Are builders and bought many appliances over the years from GE

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect you have not been using any cleaners on a monthly basis, like Affresh or Washer Magic?

If you have not been using one of these cleaners regularly, you will need to now but be very aggressive. The package below contains three cleaning pucks. Place all 3 into the tub (no clothes) and run the hottest, longest cycle you can.

CLICK HERE

Once the initial cycle has completed, use the wipes that come with the pucks to thoroughly wash the rubber door boot. Then, run a puck through every couple weeks for several months and then gradually cut back to once per month.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.