Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It’s not my TV its my LG electric oven. It is less than a…

Customer Question
It’s not my TV...

It’s not my TV its my LG electric oven

Contractor's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

It is less than a year, I am not sure of the model. It is self cleaning, it has a ceramic blue interior. I

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My problem is that a sheet of aluminum foil stuck to the inside floor of the oven and I cant remove it.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

I need to know how to get it off. The oven works fine. But I don’t want to leave the aluminum foil to remain and I cant get it out.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I apologize about the automated helper. The question was submitted in the TV category

It's now here in the Appliance category so I can help you and I'm not automated :-)

As for your issue, unfortunately this is a bigger issue that you'd like to think. Functionally, there is nothing wrong. But the problem is that during self clean, aluminum melts and it melts and embeds itself into the coating on the ceramic. The best way to remove it is to spray the bottom with soapy water and use a flat razor blade with plastic handle to scrape off as much of the aluminum as you can. The liner will never look perfect again and there is really nothing you can do about that but replace the oven liner which is a lot of work and typically about $350-500 to have replaced. Other than that, I recommend just getting one of the silicone oven drip mats. You can put that in your oven and it'll hide any damage to the floor, but you need to remember to remove it before self clean or it'll be even worse than when you left the aluminum foil on the floor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.