Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Joel, I am locked out of my Electrolux range. I called

Customer Question
Hi Joel, I am...

Hi Joel, I am locked out of my Electrolux range. I called Electrolux, they were no help. I cannot get the model number because it is in the oven, and the oven is locked also. I had the oven on the self cleaning mode when this happened and a storm came through and power went out. I have tried to unplug as suggested, nothing. Right before this happened were were also haveing the I think it was the E15 code pop up on the individual burners, with a beeping sound. So frustrated with a otherwise nice stove, and we can not use it. I actually have my induction cooktop 1 buner on the top of the stove using that! Help if you can.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I do believe it was bought in 2013 or 14

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I personally will not, but I have an electrician in the house that can more than likely figure out directions!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, sadly I have read some comments and people are not that happy with the stove because of the reasons I have put before you. You would think that it would be a better stove than what it has appeared to be. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 3 months ago
Joel Swenson

I apologize but without the model number I am afraid I won't be able to help you out on this one, I will opt out so another expert can assist you, thanks.

I feel that could have been told before I put my credit card payment through.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

On most models, the E15 means an issue with the induction self test. The model number should be behind the lower drawer, though, not behind the locked door. Can you check that area, please?

Hi, So I have looked in the drawer, which is called the lower oven on my Electric Induction Range. Soi I could not find the model number all I know is it is a 30" Slide-in. I found my quick reference guide, the number on it is more than likely the form number "318202445 (0910) Rev A. On the oven side I get a F 15 code and on the burners I get a E 15 code. I think the oven was bought in 2013 or 2014, and I think the 2014 is more than likely the year. This is so frustrating as you can imagine. If you can help I would prefer a phone call at(###) ###-#### Thank you Joy
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago

I understand completely, it is frustrating. With no model, I can't give you specific information. I suspect you may have to call for service so a tech can manually release the door lock by disassembling the latch. If you would like me to send your deposit in for a refund, I sure am able to do that.

Thank you for checking, yes please send me my deposit, maybe sometime down the road I will need advice that can
be given. Thanks Joy

Sure, I will send it in right away.