Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just hooked up water line to water and ice dispenser. I…

Customer Question
I just hooked up...

I just hooked up water line to water and ice dispenser. I can hear water running to it, but it makes a buzzing sound and no water comes out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidair2740ps8a

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge is several years old, but has only just now got water supply to the fridge

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the model number is ***** a few letters on the beginning of the model. Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
FFHB2740PSA8A
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I'd rather type

How long have you tried to push and hold the water dispenser for water to come out?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At least a minute, but the sound is like a warning buzzer. Water filter is good.

You'll want to keep pushing it. It can take a few minutes to get water the first time because the water must fill up the water reservoir before it comes out the dispenser. Other than that, remove the filter and does the noise change?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, that caused a leak from the back. I'll have to get back to you

OK, hmm that shouldn't cause a leak. Let me know.

John, Home Appliance Technician